Re: [Setup-tool-hackers] Network interfaces configuration.

>>> A system can have multiple ppp connections (for example, if the user
>>> wants to make their machine at work answer one or more modems, to log
>>> in from home).
>>>
>>> Or for example, at home we do have ppp0 linked to the ADSL setup, while
>>> ppp1 is used by a modem.

>> Is this an argument, or is it an informational tidbit?

> Info to take into account. This is independent of where the ppp interfaces
> may finally reside.

Ah, yes. I wasn't sure how to read it, but it raises a good point. PPP
interfaces are sometimes static, and this tendency will increase in the
future. By the way, Joakim mentioned that my initial response seemed brusque,
and that was not the intention. I was just wondering what Miguel's take on
the Networking/Telephony split was, and if this was an indication one way or
the other.

To me, this means that we should not exclude interfaces from the Networking
admin just because they're PPP, but we need to weed out currently running PPP
interfaces that are dialup, from the Networking admin.

--
Hans Petter