[Setup-tool-hackers] Helix Setup Tools and Open Connect.

I have been reading the mails about Open Connect and Helix Setup
Tools, and there is something that I still do not think has been
addressed correctly to make the right decisions.

This manifests as the discussion in `we share the backend, we have
different GUIs' debate.  I am not sure why we need two user
interfaces.  At all.

Arturo said `They need to handle 10,000 users'.  Which in the context
of administering users, it lead me to think `If they have 10,000
users, they most likely will be using NIS and some custom setup'.

>From a user interface perspective, the questions are:

	* What do you need in your interface that is different enough
          that it will require a different front end?

	* And if you need a new user interface, what is the rationale
          behind the new user interface?

		* Has usability testing taken place with sysadmins
                  that deal with these setups?

		* Has a list of features and requirements been
                  assembled?

		* If so, what is this detailed list of requirements?

I do not think it is a good idea to just blindly hack on something
that `feels' could be used for managing large installations until all
the issues have been identified and written down.  Otherwise we are
just blindly patching and hacking things with no direction.

Miguel.