Re: [Setup-tool-hackers] users-admin

> Arturo and I discussed this a while back, and I think we agreed that the list
> should have more detail in advanced mode, and probably also be editable
> through ETable.

But it looks ugly! :) But then again, I'm not GUI (or HUI) expert...

> Can you have a basic/advanced button in the dialogs as well, which inherits
> its state from the main application? In that case, its state should not go
> back up into the application, so it works only one way.

Why basic/adv buttons everywhere? Isn't one on main win not enough? It
makes it only more confusing...

> - Set up and show the dialog.
> - Unrealize the dialog and put changes in effect.
>
> These two functions map to a function pair that depends on advancedness
> level. They can be callback hooks set in the ToolContext (see src/common/),
> for instance. Then you can use tool_set_complexity() and
> tool_get_complexity() to set/get the complexity level (the functions are
> already there).

I know that and users-admin already uses that. Check it out!

> I'm in favour of hidden widgets, making the interface easier to maintain. I'm
> not sure how it would be ugly.

I thought it still shows padding around hidden widgets, but maybe I'm
wrong. That's why I though it's not good.

> Okay, this looks like an object management system. I don't think we can use
> that interface out of the box, since it represents a set of functions that
> are too alien.

Like what? I really don't see anything on the way. I don't like current
interface with advanced mode...

> If the OpenConnect guys are willing to try their hand at a Glade interface,
> they're welcome, but we still need some guidelines. I might write down a

Guidelines of what? I heard they are going to write it in Glade. They also
told me it's been designed from GUI expert.

> Apart from that, the user depicted in User Properties needs a shave.

Suggestions are welcome!

Tambet