Re: WinFS data model

On Tue, 2003-11-04 at 17:53, Edd Dumbill wrote:
> Reading about the new XML schema language MS have invented for WinFS...
>
> http://longhorn.msdn.microsoft.com/lhsdk/winfs/daconwhatiswinfsdatamodel.aspx
>
> The problem space smells RDFish, but they seem to have implemented a
> weird sort of app-specific subset.  There are distinct similarities to
> RDF schema and OWL.  Note the disclaimer "Extensibility is not supported
> in this release."

I've put some thought into the RDF/OWL possibilities for metadata in
storage.

http://members.cox.net/sinzui/sutra/index.html

I think you'll find my scheme idea familiar:
http://members.cox.net/sinzui/blog/sutra.html
Critiques and revisions accepted.

sinzui cox net
Guilty of stealing everything I am.