[Shotwell] Usability suggestions (Gnome notifications)

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 19:22:41 UTC 2012

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 13:15, Andrew McNabb <amcnabb at mcnabbs.org> wrote:

> Why not add a "do nothing" button, too?  This is much more discoverable
> than clicking on a non-button.

Exactly my pooint. Telling users that they should know about an invisible
option is a bit silly.
I moved from XFCE and wasn't aware of this odd behaviour wrt notifications.

Yet, my point is still valid. If pre-shotwell installation it showed two
valid options:

1. See folder view
2. Eject

Then, installing new software that adds its own functionality should NOT
remove those options but ADD to them.
IE:

1. See Folder view
2. NEW APP OPTIONS (in this case shotwell' s)
3. Eject

Of course, those who said to take it to Gnome lists are right, but about
the "[ ] do this from now on..." part, that should be implemented globally.

FC

act
Durante épocas de Engaño Universal, decir la verdad se convierte en un Acto
Revolucionario
- George Orwell