[Shotwell] Ancient question

bryan senewag at iinet.com.au
Thu Apr 12 04:38:45 UTC 2012

I've got images going back to the 1880s.  The program is mishandling
older images (this is a known issue #3040).   Images appear to be
disappearing (sorting incorrectly) within my 10k database and dating an
image to say 1940 will also stuff up its event and today I just noticed
a random sample of my images sitting in the rubbish bin (scary).  It's
hard to pin down the date beyond which things go awry, for every test I
do the limit seems to float around.

So...  does anyone know within what date range does Shotwell reliably
operate?