Re: Problem with multiple sessions ans Seahorse

Le jeudi 04 octobre 2007 à 09:33 -0400, Adam Schreiber a écrit :
> On 10/4/07, Adam Kłobukowski <adamklobukowski gmail com> wrote:
> > I start Gnome session on my computer locally, and leave it be.
> > Then I open another session with the same user, but using NX, over a
> > network (full Gnome session).
> >
> > Then I try to sign email in Thuderbird in NX session, I get message that
> > 'gpg-agent is not available in this session'.
> >
> > Btw. it seems to work OK if I do not open full session with NX, but just
> > one-application-session.
> >
> > How can I solve it?
>
> I'm not sure that there is an immediate solution.  The real solution
> might be to write out our environment variables to a file akin to [1].

Just to confirm that with the appropriate shell scripting, you can get
something like this working at least for ssh agent.

My current setup is to start keychain in .bashrc with proper parameters
to detect seahorse-agent. Keychain finds it and writes a file in
~/.keychain that you can source for shells not launched in from the
desktop (for example an ssh connection from work).

I have yet to test it for gpg keys but I believe it's doable. I think
it's a corner case though since gnome generally doesn't like very much
being logged in multiple times.
--
Gilles Dartiguelongue <dartigug esiee fr>