Re: Communicating with Keyservers
- From: "Adam Schreiber" <sadam clemson edu>
- To: "Tom Dowden" <tom dowden gmail com>
- Cc: Seahorse-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Communicating with Keyservers
- Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2007 19:54:09 -0500
On Dec 24, 2007 3:01 PM, Tom Dowden <tom dowden gmail com> wrote:
> I have noticed that when getting a public key from a keyserver,
> Seahorse does not request the data in a machine readable format, but
> instead tries to parse the html output. This means that Seahorse is
> only able to retrieve keys from keyservers that display their output
> in a certain way.
> Is there a reason for this?
That's HKP (html key protocol), and I believe GPG does the same thing.
] [Thread Prev