Re: All windows lose focus on restart

Mihai Bazon said:     (by the date of Mon, 20 Mar 2006 15:19:52 +0200)

> Hi folks,

Hello, wow! I didn't suspect there is anyone alive on this list, I
subscribed about two weeks ago, and no messages at all!

> I have this minor annoyance and wondering if anyone knows how to fix it..
>
> When I restart Sawfish, all windows lose focus; also, maximized
> windows will grow over (in fact beyond) the Gnome panels.  Basically
> I'd like it to restart and have the same window and focus status as
> before restart.  Hints? :D

heh, you'are lucky. when I restart sawfish all window positions are
changed - for example they all go to desktop 1 (or current desktop). And
when I have 24 desktops and 30+ windows open most of the time that's a
real mess. Moving them back to the correct place is tiring. So generally
I try to avoid restarting sawfish :) Sometimes it crashes, but luckily
not more often than once per half a year.

um, sorry I can't help you. But sawfish rocks! and I wanted to say that
here :)