Re: Making scripts with sawfish-client

Le jeu 13 avr 2006 10:24:25 CEST, "Eric Mangold" <teratorn world-net net> a
�it :

> You'll want to consult the API documentation.
>
> http://home.blarg.net/~sand/sawfish/
>
> And the man page for sawfish-client should explain how to run Lisp inside
> sawfish.
>
> Feel free to come back with specific questions regarding sawfish, the API
> docs, etc.
Yeaaaaah. Sure. As you can imagine, the first things that I have done was to
look at the documentation and search the web for examples.

Maybe I was unlucky, but I couldn't find any sample code using
sawfish-client. And the documentation is strictly developer oriented.

We are not in a developer point of view here, but into a user one. We don't
want to develop for sawfish, we want to use it in its simplest way: switch to
another desktop, create a new one, etc. It seems to me that there is no
practical documentation for this project, so the complexity for newcomers is
to high.

In our case, what we need is a clear documentation about how to use the
tools. That means tutorials and howto, and not an API list (that will be
maybe useful, but later).

Damien