Re: bind a complex key sequence?

On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 14:21:24 +0800, William XWL wrote:
> I'm tring to bind key sequences like "C-c b", e.g,
>
>     (bind-keys global-keymap "C-c b" 'sawfish-ui)
>
> But apparently it doesn't work...

You have to nest keymaps to create chained keybindings:

(define example-keymap (make-keymap))
(bind-keys example-keymap "b" 'sawfish-ui)
(bind-keys global-keymap "C-c" example-keymap)

The above is untested, but based on working code I have in my
sawfishrc.  It would probably be simple enough to create a function that
would handle nesting the keymaps for you, so that chained bindings could
be defined like you want, but I've never gotten around to it.

--
Cory T. Echols