sawfish crashed

Hi,  i recently installed debian on my ibook(G4,1G,12"), and i'd love to
use sawfish as my wm. The problem is kind of strange. Sawfish can start
normally, but after the initial start, if i try to execute some applications, like open a shell, or firefox, whatever, do some typing, then, suddenly the
whole system doesn't respose any key events or mouse events any more.
I can't  even switch bach to console by  Fn-C-Option-F[x],  i've to press
C-Apple-Power to reboot the system. What's the problem? Currently, i'm using
FVWM, which works quite well. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

William Xuuu