Bug report - feature request : setting focus-when-mapped to false has no effect

Hello,
I'm using sawfish 1.3 and obviously put my finger on a missing
feature (which was in 1.2).

I set, as a global setting, "focus-window-when-mapped" true,
but I'd like new windows (especially popups like gaim
conversation windows) not to get focus when mapped on screen,
so I set focus-when-mapped to "no" in sawfish-ui.
The *problem* is that the application property seems overriden
by the default settings as follow.
Here is the .sawfish/custom obtained from sawfish-ui
concerning those two settings :
    (((WM_NAME . "^Calculator$")) (focus-when-mapped . #f))
to get xcalc not focused when mapped in opposition to other
windows :
    (custom-set-typed-variable (quote
focus-windows-when-mapped) (quote t) (quote boolean))
Result : all new windows are focused, even Xcalc, no way to
get it unfocused when mapped.

NB : note that doing things the other way round works perfectly :
    (((WM_NAME . "^Calculator$")) (focus-when-mapped . t))
to get xcalc focused when mapped in opposition to other windows :
    (custom-set-typed-variable (quote
focus-windows-when-mapped) (quote f) (quote boolean))
Result : all new windows are *not* focused except Xcalc.

After some exploration in the source files
(sawfish/lisp/wm/state/transient.jl) and some IRCing (thanks
to mmc who might have post a patch in the ML now), it appears
that :
. in 1.2, focus-when-mapped accepted three values : 'never,
'always and 'unset (windows-get returns #f) ;
. in 1.3, focus-when-mapped accepts only two, and it seems
impossible to get if user set it to #f :/.

Would it be possible to get this feature back ?

As a feature request, would it be possible to get new windows
to get focus only if user is not typing (just like KDE 3.2
does, which I was said but haven't tested yet), this would
avoid popup window to come up and get your focus, but will
allow you to launch a term via a keymap and directly get the
focus. Maybe is this feature doable via X idle time ...

Thanks,

PS : If in some way, this post would need to be turned in a
bug report, I'm in #sawfish @ irc.freenode.org, jerome.