Re: how to start an application on a given workspace

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 04:36:46 -0700 (PDT), Max <cbm128 yahoo com> wrote:

Has anybody an idea how I could fire up an application
and have it show
up on a specific workspace?

You can do it using Matched Windows.

just suppose that at login time I want to start all
the stuff I
regularly use, for example:

- start a browser and a news feed reader on workspace
1
- start my mail client on workspace 2
- start a bunch of terminal emulators each with a
specific command on
workspace 3

and so on!

I have tried reading documentation and searching the
mail list but I had
no success!

I was used to do this with CDE on HP-UX

I'm using debian sarge with Gnome 2.6 and sawfish
1.3+cvs20040617-3

Thanx,

Max