Re: [sawfish] Putting "pager" on the panel

Andreas Bu"sching wrote:
Hi,

Allan Duncan wrote:

Has anyone made progress with getting the pager onto the panel?
I've got sawfish 1.3 and pager 0.6 up and running, but it's a bit
clunky switching viewports without panel residence.

Someone mentioned gex as an example, but I'm afraid the relevant
programming skills are not in my current set, and other tasks are
taking my time.

You don't need any programming skills to use GEX (http://crunchy-home.de/projects/gex.html). Its just another desktop environment with its own panel. This panel has the possiblity to "swallow" other programs using XEMBED. The sawfish pager supports this method. The only problem is the non-existence of documentation and its still and heavy development. I'm the only doc available ;-)

I was hoping to use the existing panel, you seem to be implying running
another panel etc..