Re: [sabayon] Anybody else seeing these errors?

On Tue, 2005-06-14 at 17:17 -0400, John Dennis wrote:
> rpm created from CVS with ./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr; make rpm
> Then the rpms were installed.

	Note, the spec file is out of date at the moment. That's the first
thing on my TODO list today.

> There are a couple of errors, the first is "UnboundLocalError: local
> variable 'str' referenced before assignment", which perplexes me because
> the code around line 304 seems to be invoking the function str(), not a
> variable at this line.

	I fixed that yesterday. Truly bizarre. In protosession.py, we've this
function declared:

def safe_kill (pid, sig):
    try:
        os.kill (pid, sig)
    except os.error, (err, str):
        if err != errno.ESRCH:
            raise

	For whatever reason, it seems that the "str" variable in the exception
handler is defined at global scope or something and it causes the
problems we were seeing elsewhere in the module. I've really no idea how
exactly it was a problem but ...

> I believe "pythonExternalEntityLoader: can't read" is coming from
> libxml2, not sure why yet, any ideas?

	I've never seen that.

Cheers,
Mark.