Re: GNOME Roadmap - Information request for nautilus

On Tue, 2007-10-02 at 23:34 +0000, GNOME Roadmap Gang wrote:
> Dear maintainer(s),
>
> GNOME 2.20 has been released and we've all started to focus on the next
> development cycle. As part of our roadmap process, we're now gathering
> information about our 2.22 plans and beyond. The goal is to compose a
> GNOME-wide roadmap for the next stable releases. And we need your help
> to do this. It's important that you take a few minutes to reply to the
> following questions before October 17.
>
> ----
>
> - What are your plans for GNOME 2.22 (next 4 months, before feature and UI
>   freezes)?

My main plans are to convert Nautilus to use gio and gvfs instead of
gnome-vfs. As a first step this will just replace the gnome-vfs code
with equivalent gio code. Later I will adapt Nautilus to work with the
slightly different approach to things like mounting that gio uses.

> - What are your plans for GNOME 2.24 (next year)?

I'm sure that there will be continued work on the gio stuff. There are
also some ideas floating around about having some form of metadata and
preview panel in nautilus, which might happen in this timeframe.