Fwd: GNOME Roadmap - Information Request for libgnomekbd

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Sergey V. Udaltsov <svu gnome org>
Date: 26/04/2007 01:14
Subject: Re: GNOME Roadmap - Information Request for libgnomekbd
To: Lucas Rocha <lucasr gnome org>

Hello Lucas

I am not sure I have the roadmap for libgnomekbd as such. It is entirely
internal library made from some code which is pretty much stable and
evolves by requests from gnome-keyboard-indicator (gnome-applet),
gnome-settings-daemon and gnome-keyboard-properties
(gnome-control-center).

Since I maintain the whole keyboard management stack, my current overall
roadmap is enriching meta-information about layouts/models available for
users (in order to improve the UI). But this starts from the bottom
(xorg/xkeyboard-config) and goes through libxklavier to libgnomekbd and
GNOME UI. I would love to finish this process by GNOME 2.20 release but
not sure it is realistic.

Cheers,

Sergey