Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Feature Suggestion

On Fri, 2006-03-24 at 09:07 +0100, Karsten Schmiedecke wrote:
> Which brings an idea to mind that I think was mentioned here some
> while back: How about adding a button, that saves the current search
> result (including browser-selection filters) as an Automatic Playlist?
> Of course, that would require the Automatic Playlists to be able to do
> everything that the search box does. But if I do a search (for example
> for 'MTV' and cut it down to my favourite artists by selecting them in
> the browser) and I like the results, that button may come in handy.
> UI-wise, the button could be located on the far right-hand side of the
> search-bar.

Automatic playlists can already do anything the search box can (they can
do anything the db can). The problem is that the auto playlist editor
can't - so you could create playlists you can't edit.

If we got a auto playlist editor that could edit those kinds of things,
it would be fairly easy to add. I think that being able to create
playlists you can't edit would be kind of odd.

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
Every fleeting thought you've ever had in your life, no matter how
bizarre, is someone's lifelong obsession. And he has a website.