Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Re: UI suggestion for 2 (3) bugs with mock up

On Tue, 2006-02-28 at 08:51 -0800, Michael Knepher wrote:
> And where would I look for/file a bug for the fact that typing "que"
> doesn't match "qué" (in either the search input or the typeahead)? Would
> that be a gtk+ issue?

That because of the "folding" algorithm we use. Currently it does the
following:

* case folds (turns into lower case)
* strips punctuation

Doing what you want would require an addition step to strip diacritic
marks, e.g. changing 'é' to 'e'. If there is a function that does this,
in glib or somewhere else, we could use it - however this would mean
that you can't search for them explicitly.

CHeers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
But never forget that the original Dilbert strips were nature studies.
    -- Shmuel Metz