Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Streaming Ogg Vorbis glitch during metadatachanges

On Sat, 2005-12-17 at 18:15 +0100, Leo Currie wrote:
> I have Rhythmbox 0.9.0, the version included with Ubuntu "Breezy Badger".
>
> When trying to playback Ogg Vorbis streams from an Icecast server
> (e.g. http://radiosix.no-ip.com:8000/radiosix.ogg ) the playback is
> interrupted by a short gap during metadata changes. The playback is
> otherwise fine.
>
> I'm sorry I don't have the facilities to investigate further myself,
> but I realise Rhythmbox uses Gstremer - could this be a Gstreamer
> problem? How could I check?
> I suspect it has something to do with "chained" ogg streams, but I'm
> not an expert.

I'm seeing the same using Rhythmbox cvs with GStreamer 0.10. GStreamer's
chained-ogg support is known to have problems, and this is one of the
bugs (emitting an End-Of-Stream at the end of each logical stream).
Hopefully it'll get fixed some time.

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
"Zero Tolerance" in this case meaning "We're too stupid to be able to
apply conscious thought on a case-by-case basis". -- Mike Sphar