[Rhythmbox-devel] Problems with daap, avahi problem?

Hi,

When I start rhythmbox, I get the following message:
"Unable to browse for remote shares"
"Could not start browsing for music servers on your network. Rhythmbox
will continue to function, without this feature. Check your Avahi
installation"

In the debug log, it says:
[0x813d290] [rb_daap_mdns_resolve] rb-daap-mdns.c:780 (21:30:03): Error
starting mDNS resolving using AvahiServiceResolver

(rhythmbox:3001): Rhythmbox-WARNING **: could not start resolving host

I can see and play tracks from daap sources just fine. I haven't checked
whether my share is accessible, although it does show up in the Avahi
browser.

After an indeterminate amount of time, rb segfaults. The last message in
the debug log was one about a daap source disappearing (although I
haven't verified that it's the same sort of message every time it
crashes. It could be a coincidence, but it seems somewhat suspicious).

This happens whenever I've compiled with daap support. The avahi version
on my system is 0.5.2-1, from the breezy repos, and I'm running
rhythmbox 0.9.3 currently. Is this a bug, or is it something wrong on
just my system?

--
Adam Zimmerman <adam_zimmerman sfu ca>

CREATIVITY  - http://mirrors.creativecommons.org/movingimages/Building_on_the_Past.mpg
ALWAYS      - http://randomfoo.net/oscon/2002/lessig/
BUILDS      - http://www.theopencd.org/
ON THE PAST - http://free-culture.org/freecontent/
--

 Hoare's Law of Large Problems:
	Inside every large problem is a small problem struggling to get out.