[Rhythmbox-devel] Re: importing mp3

>>>>> "AL" == Alex Lancaster  writes:

[Reposting from correct e-mail address, apologies for any duplicates]

AL> Since you are running Rawhide, this may not work because these
AL> packages are from FC-4 and I don't think the Livna folk have
AL> rebuilt their packages for Rawhide (soon-to-be FC-5) yet.
AL> Sometimes they do work fine unmodified depending on the state of
AL> Rawhide, so YMMV.

Following up on my own post.  Some kind soul has made a version of the
Livna repository for FC5test2, which should close enough to Rawhide.
This worked for me:

Install the livna package as mentioned in my previous post.  Go to
/etc/yum.repos.d/livna.repo.

Comment out these lines:

#baseurl=
#       http://rpm.livna.org/fedora/$releasever/$basearch/RPMS.lvn
#       http://livna.cat.pdx.edu/fedora/$releasever/$basearch/RPMS.lvn
#
http://wftp.tu-chemnitz.de/pub/linux/livna/fedora/$releasever/$basearch/RPMS.lvn
#       http://ftp-stud.fht-esslingen.de/pub/Mirrors/rpm.livna.org/fedora/$releas

and add:

baseurl=http://ftp-stud.fht-esslingen.de/pub/livna-fc5test2/RPMS.lvn/

Then, as before:

yum install gstreamer-plugins-mp3

this installed the following on my system (haven't actually tested
playback yet):

Dependencies Resolved

 Package                 Arch       Version          Repository
 Size
Installing:
 gstreamer08-plugins-extra-audio  i386       0.8.11-0.lvn.3   livna
 57 k
Installing for dependencies:
 faad2                   i386       2.0-0.lvn.7      livna 381 k
 gsm                     i386       1.0.10-0.lvn.10  livna 39 k
 lame                    i386       3.96.1-0.lvn.4   livna 640 k
 libmad                  i386       0.15.1-0.lvn.1.b  livna 79 k

Transaction Summary
Install      5 Package(s)
Update       0 Package(s)
Remove       0 Package(s)