[Rhythmbox-devel] Can't play MP3

Hi! I am relatively new to Linux and recently installed Ubuntu 6.01.

I am trying to play mp3 files that I have copied over from my Windows hard drive and Rythmbox tells me "Can't be loaded ... this is not an audio stream". XMMS can play these files but I find its UI a little odd and would prefer to use Rythmbox.

Do you have any suggestions on how this can be fixed.

Regards,
Peter
--

Peter Anderson

E: peter anderson internode on net
P: +61 (0)2 4472 2274
M: +61 (0)418 249 648

There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to conduct, or more uncertain in its success, than to take the lead in the introduction of a new order of things — Niccolo Machiavelli, /The Prince/, ch. 6