Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] podcasts: autodownload?; moved podcast folder

On Tue, Apr 25, 2006 at 05:00:01PM +0900, A May Zing wrote:
> 1. Doesn't rythymbox autodownload the podcasts? It would be cool if it
> does. Auto-checking for podcasts is nice, but it doesn't really give
> help if it won't autodownload the new podcasts that is found.

There was a long standing bug in how rhythmbox decided which post to
attempt to download.  It was fixed shortly after 0.9.4 was released, but
if we do an 0.9.4.1 release, the fix should be in it.

> 2. I moved my podcast folder, and changed the "download location" in
> Edit/Preferences/Podcast to reflect this change, but RB can't find the
> old podcasts. What's up?

The downloaded locations are stored in the database as absolute file
paths, not as paths relative to the podcast download location.  I'm not
sure if storing relative paths is actually the right thing to do.  There
are weird breakages whichever way you try to handle it.