[Rhythmbox-devel] customizing the gstreamer pipeline for rhythmbox only

Hi,

I have some files which exist on a slow network drive. The drive is capable of providing the necessary bandwidth but has high latency.

To play 'skipfree' with gstreamer requires some custom tweaking of the pipeline.

However, for all other apps which use local files I don't want this extra queueing/buffering, so I'd prefer not to just go to gstreamer-properties and change it for all applications.

So I'd like to have rhythmbox use a customized gst pipeline. Is this possible? If not, would it be a feature for which a patch would be accepted? (I've noticed people complaining about skipping before - this could be partially towards a solution).

Thanks,
David