Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] new podcast patch

On Wed, 2005-09-21 at 12:14 -0300, Renato Araujo wrote:
> Here's another podcast patch with some bugs fixeds;
>
> Changelog:
> - Include the systray notifications;
> - Async threads correction;
>

> Links:
> diff: http://www.evolutum.gotdns.com/~indt/podcast.diff
> files: http://www.evolutum.gotdns.com/~indt/podcast.tar.bz2

The patch has some cvs conflict makers in it, but it's fairly easy to
fix.

A couple more comments/questions:

Is there any reason for adding more of our own art, rather than using
GTK_STOCK_YES and GTK_STOCK_NO?

It would probably be good to show the podcast menu, so you can subscribe
to a new feed, when right-clicking in the empty space at the bottom of
the feed list/browser.

When first viewed the Podcast source shows all feeds, but there doesn't
appear to be any way to go back to viewing all of them. Is that
intentional?

Currently if you quit while it is downloading a podcast, it will have to
restart downloading when you start RB back up again. It would be nice if
it could resume the download, rather than starting again; but I don't
know if you can do that with gnome_vfs_async_xfer, so it might not be
possible.

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
You need only two tools. WD-40 and duct tape.
If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40.