Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Error compiling DAAP support with gcc4.0 on amd64

On Wed, 2005-09-14 at 09:10 +0200, Tristan Tarrant wrote:
> Dear RB developers, I am trying to compile the latest CVS on my amd64
> w/gcc4.0 and I get the following error.
>
> cc1: warnings being treated as errors
> rb-daap-share.c: In function 'add_playlist_to_mlcl':
> rb-daap-share.c:679: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different
> size
> rb-daap-share.c:680: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different
> size
> make: *** [rb-daap-share.lo] Error 1
>
> rb_daap_structure_add (mlit, RB_DAAP_CC_MIID, (gint32) source);
> rb_daap_structure_add (mlit, RB_DAAP_CC_MPER, (gint64)(gint32) source);
>
> I don't know what the various DAAP messages expect, so I am rather wary
> of fixing it myself.

The problem is that bit of code is trying to store a pointer in an
integer variable, which is non-portable and a Bad Thing To Do. If it did
compile, it would crash due to the fact that there is no way to have a
32 bit integer storing a 64 bit pointer.

Unfortunately I don't know enough about the daap code to fix it.

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
>> After all, everybody's got a water buffalo. -- Ben Coleman
> in their machine room. -- Nix
with the candlestick. -- Christian Bauernfeind