Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Unable to browse shares..

On Mon, 2005-09-12 at 11:10 +0200, Baptiste Mille-Mathias wrote:
> 2005/9/12, Øyvind Hvamstad <oyvind hvamstad net>:
> > Hi, I just had to try out the daap support, so I compiled rb from cvs
> > and fireed it up. I'm able to share my music and it woks nicely. However
> > I do not get any shares to browse, even though I know there are lots of
> > available shares on my network.
> >
> > What is the best way to debug this?
> >
> Hello,
>
> If you have avahi, launch avahi-browse, You will see all the service
> available on your network. there also that of tool for howl.

$ mDNSBrowse _daap._tcp
browse reply: Add Service 0x3 Bastien's Music _daap._tcp. local.
resolve reply: 0x3 Bastien's Music _daap._tcp. local. 192.168.1.5 3689

For example.

---
Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>
"Manchester United in Brazil? I hope they all get bloody diarrhoea" -
Brian Clough, on Manchester United's decision to opt out of the FA Cup
to play in the World Club Championship in 2000.