Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] last.fm integration

On Wed, 2005-09-07 at 15:15 +0200, Christophe Fergeau wrote:
> Le mercredi 07 septembre 2005 Ã 19:42 +1000, James Livingston a Ãcrit :
> >  as this will
> > just add a preferences pane (ignoring recommendations et al) it
> > shouldn't be a problem.
>
> "Just adding a preference" is already something to really consider,
> check out gaim preferences for example if you want to see what happens
> when you keep adding "just a preference"... ;)

Good point, we should try not to add preferences we don't need. I'd
forgotten about the Gaim preferences window (because I deliberately
avoid opening it, for that exact reason).

On a related note: what do we want to do with the iPod preferences pane?
As it uses the same gconf key as the library pane, it's currently fairly
pointless. I can see two options:

a) change it to use a different key (which we can new do, due to some
improvements in RBLibrarySource)
b) get rid of the pane, and just have it use the same browser views as
the library (which is the current behaviour)

I'm not sure if anyone would want it to show different browser views to
the library; but my guess is that no-one really wants to, because we
haven't really heard any complaints about it not working and being tied
to the library.

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
I now have visions of a server whose panels and covers are secured with
red tapes, sealed with wax embossed with Elder Signs and other symbols.