Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Watched Directories

On Wed, 2005-10-05 at 10:16 -0700, Alan wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 06, 2005 at 01:35:57AM +1100, James Livingston wrote:
> > Attached is a small patch which lets Rhythmbox monitor directories for
> > new tracks. However there are several caveats:
> <snip>
> Very cool, I'll play with this tonight (160159 is my bug).  Are there
> any issues if the files are on mounted NFS or SMB shares?

It will definitely pick up new files when Rhythmbox is started, because
it basically does an import on every watched directory as RB starts.

Whether or not it will notice changes on something non-local while
running will depend on whether gnome_vfs_monitor_* works. So in other
words, I have absolutely no idea.

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--