Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Libnotify

On 03/10/2005, at 8:49 AM, Jaap Haitsma wrote:

Renato Araujo wrote:
Hi guys i made a litle changes to use libnotify to display systray
messages take a look in image.
What you think about?

Rhythmbox already contains eggnotificationbubble.[ch] to do notifications. So I guess you'd better use that.

Would be nice if the community would come up with one recommended library for doing notifications.

Having a standard way of doing it would definitely be much nicer, but I don't think we have one at the moment. One option would be to make EggNotificationBubble detect when you have libnotify, and use that if present. If it isn't present then it would use the current method. The rest of Rhythmbox would just use EggNotificationBubble and not have to worry about exactly how it works, and ENB could also be improved to support whatever other methods exists.

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston