Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] importing folders from sftp gnome-vfs mounts

On Mon, 2005-11-21 at 17:59 -0500, Ben Konrath wrote:
> Rhythmbox 0.8.x allowed me to import folders from sftp gnome-vfs mounts
> (which is a super convenient feature :). With rhythmbox 0.9.x, the sftp
> mounts no longer show up in the import file chooser. Are they being
> filtered out? If so, what's the reason?

Rhythmbox only worked with gnome-vfs remote (e.g. sftp) mounts if they
didn't require user intervention, such as entering a password or
authorising Rhythmbox to access a keyring. If accessing the mount
required user intervention Rhythmbox would crash and/or hang.

Because of this importing gnome-vfs remote mounts has been disabled.
Gnome bug 140355 has a patch attached to it, which fixes the problems
and re-enabled support for remote mounts. It works for me, but needs
more testing before it could land in cvs.

If you compile Rhythmbox yourself, could you try out the patch and see
if it works for you? The patch should (hopefully) apply cleanly to
0.9.1, but it probably needs updating for current cvs.

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
"We are a dumbassocracy. Anyone dumb enough to get off of their ass and
volunteer/do something is welcome to do so." -- Matthew Rice