Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Play queue patch #0

On Tue, Nov 08, 2005 at 10:21:15PM -0600, James Cotton wrote:
> I got the following error when I applied the patch to a fresh checkout
> 11/8/05
>
> [ipod breakage]

I figured I'd broken the ipod code somehow, but I was still too lazy to
install libgpod until today.  This will be fixed in the next iteration
of the patch, along with a few other things.  I just found a new pile of
gunk to remove, so it might be a while before I make it available.

> running autogen.sh --without-ipod seems to fix the problem. I tested it and
> managed to use the queue. I'm not sure if I reproduced the other bug Viktor
> said though. When I add something to the queue and start clicking next first
> it jumps to the queue, then jumps back to the main list, and then does play
> the next song w/o crashing.

I can't reproduce the problem either, so I guess we're both doing
something differently to Viktor.

> It might be nice to have a different icon for the queue list when not in the
> sidebar (although I prefer the docked view) and maybe not be at the top of
> the list. However, the (# left) is a really nice touch.

I agree.  It'll be easy to change the icon once someone finds one that's
suitable.  I haven't really looked yet.

I decided to just display the number of songs in the play queue in the
source list, rather than showing the whole summary (total size and
length) in the status bar because I found that cluttered the status bar
too much.  I did like having the total play time of the queue displayed,
but I can live without it.  Does anyone have any stronger opinions on
that?