Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Re: Resizing Columns

On Tue, 2005-05-03 at 12:02 -0400, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> >> Funny enough I saw that same problem on ubuntu's rb version.  It might
> >> be fixed in the devel version.
> > It's not a bug! It's a _feature_! :-) Just not a good one...
>
> Where is the feature explained (you could call it "documented", but really
> I just find the behavior incomprehensible)?

I agree that the behaviour is rather, ehm, strange when you try to
resize the columns manually. But the idea behind it is that the columns
should not take more horizontal space than available. This avoids the
need for a scrollbar. Some time ago there was a patch posted on the
mailing list to restore the original gtk behaviour. But, for myself, I
can say that I'm more satisfied with the current situation, mostly
because I seldomly resize the columns.

And although there were a lot of complaints in the past, nobody ever
provided patch to improve the behaviour. So, it cannot be too bad. ;-)

--
so long,
oliver

Public GPG Key: http://www.core-dump.info/olemke-public.asc
Fingerprint: 2389 0B2C 1AA8 4E3E D5AD 3B72 00DB ABDC 73ED C558