[Rhythmbox-devel] Re: Panel HEAD vs Rhythmbox CVS - failed to open Places

Il giorno mer, 09-02-2005 alle 11:55 +0100, Alexander Larsson ha
scritto:
> On Tue, 2005-02-08 at 16:41 +0100, Luca Ferretti wrote:
> > Il giorno mar, 08-02-2005 alle 15:10 +0100, Alexander Larsson ha
> > scritto:

> > > What version of gnome-vfs is this? There was some gnome-vfs change
> > > related to something like this in 2.9.x.
> >
> > The latest was yesterday available on CVS for anonymous access.
> >
> > 2005-02-06  Crispin Flowerday  <gnome flowerday cx>
> >
> >         * libgnomevfs/gnome-vfs-mime-handlers.c:
> >         The new mime API is new in 2.10, not 2.8. Fixes bug #166478
>
> I fixed this. Please upgrade to the latest gnome-vfs and nautilus.

I'll do it.

> Make sure update-desktop-database $prefix/share/applications/ gets run
> after install. Shouldn't all application makefiles be doing this when
> building from tarballs, or is something else handling this?

Here is "desktop-file-install" provided by fd.o desktop-file-utils, but
it's not used :-(  Maybe someone could hack on gnome-common rules

See the --rebuild-mime-info-cache option.

-----------
[prova redrum prova]$ desktop-file-install --help
Usage: desktop-file-install [OPTION...]
  --vendor=STRING                  Specify the vendor prefix to be applied to
                                   the desktop file. If the file already has
                                   this prefix, nothing happens.
  --dir=STRING                     Specify the directory where files should be
                                   installed.
  --add-category=STRING            Specify a category to be added to the
                                   Categories field.
  --remove-category=STRING         Specify a category to be removed from the
                                   Categories field.
  --add-only-show-in=STRING        Specify a product name to be added to the
                                   OnlyShowIn field.
  --remove-only-show-in=STRING     Specify a product name to be removed from
                                   the OnlyShowIn field.
  --delete-original                Delete the source desktop file, leaving
                                   only the target file. Effectively "renames"
                                   a desktop file.
  -m, --mode=STRING                Set the given permissions on the
                                   destination file.
  --copy-name-to-generic-name      Copy the contents of the "Name" field to
                                   the "GenericName" field.
  --copy-generic-name-to-name      Copy the contents of the "GenericName"
                                   field to the "Name" field.
  --remove-key=STRING              Specify a field to be removed from the
                                   desktop file.
  --add-mime-type=STRING           Specify a mime-type to be added to the
                                   MimeType field.
  --remove-mime-type=STRING        Specify a mime-type to be removed from the
                                   MimeType field.
  --rebuild-mime-info-cache        After installing desktop file rebuild the
                                   mime-types application database.

Help options
  -?, --help                       Show this help message
  --usage                          Display brief usage message

--
Luca Ferretti <elle uca libero it>