[Rhythmbox-devel] I'm using speech recognition with rhythmbox, need help with install

Hi I'm new to this list and rhythmbox. I'm going to add rhythmbox to my speech controlled jukebox system (http://intelligentjukebox.com) (Right now my jukebox works with 1500 cd's and has very high speech recognition accuracy - above 98% - using a hands-free, professional Crown PZM microphone. I can call up and play any cd with just 3 commands.)

Rhythmbox looks like a great application. I am considering adding a tcp/ip socket inteface the rhythmbox source code so I can communicate with the speech process in my jukebox system. I'm going to send xml through the sockets.

First though I need help installing this app. I've been using linux for six years as a server, but I don't have much experience installing user apps. I really do not enjoy trying to install user apps on linux. Could I get a little help? I don't know where to start. I already tried installing some rpm's. I am running Mandrake 10.1. It might also help to mention I have a b.s. in computer science.

Thanks,
Jeff
IntelligentJukebox.com.

--
"The most beautiful emotion we can experience is the mystical.  It is the power of all true art and science.  He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead.  To know that what is impenetrable to us really exists, manifesting itself as the highest wisdom and the most radiant beauty, which our dull faculties can comprehend only in their most primitive forms-this knowledge, this feeling, is at the center of true religiousness...

	Albert Einstein (1879-1955)