Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] MythTV

On Thu, 2005-12-29 at 11:44 +0000, Thomas Kirby wrote:
> > Running two concurrent instances of rhythmbox using the same
> > rhythmdb.xml file would be a bad idea.
>
> In the meantime, wouldn't it be a good idea to make sure the user can't
> start two instances of RB at the same time? I've done this a few times
> by accident, and it might be as well to protect users against corrupting
> their RhythmDBs.

If you have either bonobo or dbus support compiled in, try running to
run a second copy should just bring the existing instance up. However
there are probably issues if they are running in different sessions, or
a variety of other reasons it may not do that.

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
> What's that word, it means you feel small and red, starts with an M?
Management. -- Simon Fraser replying to Peter da Silva in asr.