Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Toolbars

On 06/12/05, James Livingston <jrl ids org au> wrote:
> G'day everyone,
>
> The patch to make Rhythmbox use a toolbar (bug 316238) which was
> discusses on the ML about a month ago has landed in cvs. The noticeable
> changes are that the Play button now toggles, and that the seek bar
> (song position slider) has moved.

Overall I think this looks good, although I'm finding it difficult to
get used to the Play button toggling. I'm finding myself staring at
the toolbar for a couple of seconds every time I decide I want to
pause the music because my brain is looking for a pause button. I'm
not an expert in GUI design, but the toggling just feels less
intuitive to me.

The icons for Repeat and in particular Shuffle also don't look quite
as slick as the other icons, although I agree that it's nice to see
them up there rather than in the status bar. Are these GNOME stock
icons?

Regards,
Will.