[Rhythmbox-devel] Ideas

Hi,

While there's a bunch of rhythmbox development happening, I thought I
could make a couple of requests :)

1) I'm not sure if this is fixed in 0.9 or not, but library changes
don't seem to be changed until rhythmbox cleanly exits. IE- When I
change a song's rating to four stars, rhythmbox doesn't remember it if
it crashes.

2) The play count doesn't count if you've listened to a song unless you
listen to it all the way through. I'm a pretty obsessive
skip-to-next-song right before the end guy, which leaves the play count
at 0. I think it would be really cool if the play count took into
account what percentage of the song you've listened to. It will end up
in weird play counts like 1.23 and stuff like that, but in this case you
could round it off for the interface and have something a little more
accurate.

3) A clear button on the search box would be very handy. I can usually
navigate my music with just the mouse. If there's something in the
search box though, I have to use the keyboard to clear it out. I'm sure
this has been brought up before.

The cover art, tag editing, new automatic playlists, and play queue all
look really cool already. I'm really excited about 0.9, so thanks
guys :)