Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] [BUG] Rhythmbox empties my database all the time

Stefan Monnier wrote:
If I start Rhythmbox when the server is not available, all the songs get
removed from rhythmdb, forcing me to re-add them next time I start Rhythmbox
(and that takes a while since it requires accessing many big fixes over
NFS).

This is a feature. Normally it is desired that Rhythmbox will keep the database clean of any non-existent songs. I'm not sure if Rhythmbox has the ability to discriminate on filesystem type, or if it even should. Except for special cases, it seems to me changing the behavior would break more functionality than it adds.

My suggestion is to create a wrapper script which automatically mounts the NFS share before starting Rhythmbox.

Tom