Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] playlist source burner 0.6

On Fri, 2004-09-10 at 00:43 -0700, Marc E. wrote:
> Ouch, I always loved the XINE Backbend, because it supported MPEG-4 (AAC
> files from itunes), and it actually read the metadata, [Question, does
> gstreamer support this?].
>
> If it does then I see no reason to use XINE anymore.

GStreamer should support AAC files. And you'd better use the gst
backend , especially as the metadata reader with the xine player is
completely broken, and I don't have any short-term plans on fixing it.

> As I see the --enable-mpeg4 flags were removed in 0.9.x, may I know
> why?,

Monkey-media is gone.

---
Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>
I was just a 15-year-old porn star. Big fucking deal. -- Traci Lords