Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Jukebox playlist

On Fri, 2004-05-21 at 00:33, Dan8827 wrote:

> I do like the image Gisli posted - imagining it, I thought a sidebar
> would be too narrow, but since you only need to display the titles, I
> think it works.  Displaying all the columns of the library as I suggest
> above is probably unnecessary - if you've already picked the song, you
> probably don't need anything beyond the title displayed.  (Might be
> handy to see all that info if the playlist is generated randomly, tho'.)

I also worried that the pane previously occupied by Sources would be
too narrow for the Play Queue (I don't care for 'Jukebox').  In most
cases displaying only the song title will be enough but occasionally it
will be ambiguous.  You see "Solar" coming up and you wonder if it's
Miles, Metheny or Jarrett.  It occurred to me that in such cases you
could single click the song in the Play Queue (Jukebox) and the
corresponding library entry could be selected in the library,
displaying the Artist and Album, thereby removing the ambiguity.

Gisli