Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Re: Jukebox playlist

> http://www.lunde.net/thomas/2004/rhythmbox/mockup-dan8827.png

> http://www.lunde.net/thomas/2004/rhythmbox/mockup-dan8827-1280.jpg

Personally, I like these a lot, but what is the specs on the minimum
size rhythmbox needs to be. This takes up a lot of space, and uncertain
if it will work in a 800x600 monitor...or dare say 640x480.

> One more idea:  the name of the Current Playlist could be listed to the
> right of where it says "Current Playlist".  By implementing that as a
> popup menu, it'd be a very discoverable way of allowing the user to
> switch from playlist to playlist and (with a New Playlist item at the
> bottom of that popup) adding new ones.   Also, the items in the status
> bar at the bottom (shuffle and repeat boxes and the length of the
> current playlist) could be displayed (probably right justified) in the
> same line.
>
> I strongly urge that RB should automatically save the playlists and not
> require an explicit Save Playlist... command.

If you are creating a list from the library, you need to have a save
playlist...but if you update a playlist, then yes, it should be
automatic, or maybe a OK/Cancel when closing.

> Seth's idea of moving Sources from a list on the entire left side of the
> UI to just another (optionally displayable column) in the Browser makes
> a _huge_ amount of sense to me.  Of course, it does make it hard to
> imagine how Internet Radio fits as a source... perhaps net.radio
> stations make more sense as items could be added to the playlist popup.

Yep, I agree, I was thinking about this, and came up with the following.

1) Radio+Playlists could be "Hidden" from the Source Search.
Playlists would be hidden so Search does not find/list music twice.

Would have to manually Click on Radio/Playlist to view its contents.

Maybe we could keep the Objects (Library, CD/DVD, IPod) seperate from
the Playlists/Radio.

ALL
Library
IPod
CD/DVD
-------
Radio
-------
Playlist1
Playlist2

????this could get bloated fast inside the Source when trying to keep
the browser small.

> Have a dialog box (available from a menu item) which would present a
> list of the net.radio streaming stations that RB knows about (and a way
> to add to this list) and allow them to be added to the available
> "playlists" which the user can select from.  I think that Radio stations
> are more similar to playlists than other potential sources of music:
> unlike other sources, it isn't possible to pick particular tracks.  Like
> other playlists, it is at least possible to show what is playing and
> what has played and (with some stations) to show the next few tracks.

I thought about having a preference option to change the Radio channel
ever # minutes.

Seth