Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Jukebox playlist

iTunes has an awesome feature like this called 'Party Shuffle' which would be great to see in Rhythmbox.

You can see the details here (including a screenshot): http://www.apple.com/itunes/playlists.html

Basically it keeps a list of X songs constantly there, refilled with random songs. It also displays the previous Y songs played, so you can see what was last played. Where X and Y are user configurable.
So its sort of auto-random, but you can select what playlists/library to select the songs from.
Furthermore, its not just purely random - you can select your own stuff. Ie drag any songs from your library to the Party Shuffle list and they stay there, drag-and-drop to re-order them, remove them easily, and so on. Its really awesome :)

Cheers

David