Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Syntax for Internet Radio

On Mon, 2004-05-10 at 15:55, Brian Armstrong wrote:
> I need an example text for the internet radio property dialog box.  Would the
> text for the "location" be something like below:
> Of course, the above is made up.  But, does this example work (I do not have
> an example that works)?

Rhythmbox needs the location to the actual pls file, not just the url.
For instance, a proper location might be (for SomaFM):

> And, what format types are compatible:  *.ram, *.pls?  Please list all types?

I believe only pls files are supported, but I'm not entirely sure.
Shoutcast and Icecast are the best known internet radio streamers and
they use the pls format.

Hope this helps.

Brad Taylor
Genome Software LLC