[Rhythmbox-devel] GNOME Music Quiz game using Rhythmbox

-
Hi,

I realize this is something of an unsolicited advertisement, but since
it uses Rhythmbox (and I'd like to do what I can for the two programs to
better both), I figured I'd announce this here too.

GNOME Music Quiz is a game similar to the television show 'Name That
Tune' where players hear part of a song from their Rhythmbox music
library and have to identify it by title/artist or album.  The faster
they identify a song the more points they receive.

It supports multiple players and is a great party game.  Or, play it by
yourself to learn your music and impress your friends

Website:
http://ishamael.tunkeymicket.com/mq.php

If anyone is interested in assisting me in making it & Rhythmbox work
together better (currently there's just an rb/ directory that has a fair
amount of the Rhythmbox source, just to get rhythmdb and the rbplayer)
that'd be great.  Eventually I'd love to be able to do something like
link against a library that includes routines for managing playlists &
the library (or, as Colin suggested a few days ago, via Bonobo/D-Bus),
and then have the app (through Bonobo, I guess?) display the source's
list that Rhythmbox uses.  Those are somewhat far off goals though, for
right now I'd be satisfied with pruning the rb/ directory I include to
just the bare minimum needed to load the library and play media from it.

Enjoy & Thanks

-charlie