Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] More Suggestions

On Sat, 2004-05-01 at 10:53 -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-04-27 at 08:01, Moe Wibble wrote:

> Rhythmbox is trying to get away from thinking of your music as separate
> files.  So this wouldn't really fit in with that view.  Instead what
> we'd like to do is have a tool for fixing your metadata, and perhaps
> automatically reorganizing your library on disk too.

Gah!  Please be very very careful when/if implementing any song
reorganizing code and please do make it the default and make sure there
is a warning box before anything is actually moved.

I only say this because iTunes thought it was smarter than me and
reorganized my 22 GB classical music collection.  Some of the files were
not tagged well but were identified by the name of the file.  iTunes
changed the directory structure and renamed the files based on the tags.
Much information was irretrievably lost.  IMHO this feature would be
nigh impossible to implement without at least some results such as this.
Just be careful. Thanks.

John