Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] automatic rating and weighted random

On Mon, 29 Mar 2004, David Dollar wrote:

> Perhaps we could make a keyboard shortcuts for "rate this song up" and "rate
> this song down" ? We could then make Rhythmbox configurable as to whether or
> not hitting next on a song counted as a rate-down, and whether or not
> explicitly playing a song rates it up. I think those should be the only two
> cases for the program making such a decision for you. This would work as long
> as it were easy and convenient to rate a song without interrupting your work
> flow in whatever you are _really_ doing with the computer :)

Uh, I myself very much prefer Rhythmbox rating the songs higher that I
listen to, without having to do more work and pressing some "this song
is cool" button.

> You don't want half of your playlist getting rated up because you left it on
> overnight and weren't there to hit next.

I prefer remembering once a day to stop playback than to remember hundreds
of times a day to rate the current song up.

Benjamin