Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] UI for selecting a play order?

On Sun, 2004-02-29 at 13:42, Jeffrey Yasskin wrote:

[Sorry I was slow to get back to you on this]

> I've changed the play-order-selecting UI in my
> arch://jyasskin@mail.utexas.edu--2003/rhythmbox--play-order-combo--0.7
> branch to use a GtkOptionMenu rather than a combo box. There's a
> screenshot at http://bluejay.dyndns.org/~jyasskin/Screenshot-1.png.
> Please try it out and tell me what you think. I'm happy to accept
> patches, particularly one that fixes/shortens the label for the random
> option.

Well, I think I said this before, but one problem I see with this is
that the "Repeat" option is meaningless for the random-weighted option.
Maybe we could grey it out if you select it.

My other concern is the terminology - "Linear" is a bit technical.  I'm
not sure what else to call it though.

I do think that people want this functionality somehow.  Let's just
think carefully about presentation, I don't want to make things
confusing for those people who are familiar with other players that just
have Shuffle and Repeat.

Maybe we could have an option in the preferences dialog for what
"Shuffle" does.

This is a digitally signed message part